Jeffrey A. Heavilon, M.D., is a pediatric orthopedics and foot and ankle surgeon who has been practicing since 1990. He joined Central Indiana Orthopedics in 1993.
Dr. Heavilon received his bachelor of science degree from Ohio University in Athens, Ohio. He then earned his doctor of medicine from The Ohio State University in Columbus, Ohio. After medical school, Dr. Heavilon completed an internship at the University of Pittsburgh Schools of the Health Sciences – UPMC Montefiore in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania and a general surgery internship at the University of Pittsburgh Schools of the Health Sciences – UPMC McKeesport in McKeesport, Pennsylvania. Dr. Heavilon completed residency training in orthopedic surgery at Fort Wayne Orthopedics in Fort Wayne, Indiana, and in spinal surgery at the University of Louisville in Louisville, Kentucky. Following residency training, Dr. Heavilon underwent fellowship training in pediatric orthopedics at Shriners Hospital for Children in Lexington, Kentucky. He is board-certified by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery.
When he is not seeing patients, Dr. Heavilon enjoys swimming, bicycling, music, and gardening.
- Bachelor of Science, Ohio University, Athens, Ohio
- Doctor of Medicine, The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio
- University of Pittsburgh Schools of the Health Sciences – UPMC Montefiore, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- General Surgery, University of Pittsburgh Schools of the Health Sciences – UPMC McKeesport, McKeesport, Pennsylvania
- Orthopedic Surgery, Fort Wayne Orthopedics, Fort Wayne, Indiana
- Spinal Surgery, University of Louisville, Louisville, Kentucky
- Pediatric Orthopedics, Shriners Hospital for Children, Lexington, Kentucky
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Delaware Blackford County Medical Society
- Indiana Orthopaedic Society
- Indiana State Medical Association
- Tulane – Louisville Spine Society
- Indiana University Health Ball Memorial Hospital
- AMG Specialty Hospital
- Central Indiana Orthopedic Surgery Center
- Marion General Hospital