Scott M. Waterman, M.D., is a fellowship-trained sports medicine surgeon. He is board-certified by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery and has a Subspecialty Certificate in Orthopaedic Sports Medicine. He joined Central Indiana Orthopedics in 2015 and has been practicing since 2009.
He received his bachelor of science degree from the University of Nebraska–Lincoln in Lincoln, Nebraska, and earned his doctorate in medicine at the University of Nebraska Medical Center in Omaha, Nebraska. Dr. Waterman completed an internship and his residency in orthopedic surgery at the William Beaumont Army Medical Center in El Paso, Texas. After his residency, Dr. Waterman chose to undergo specialty fellowship training in sports medicine at the Keller Army Community Hospital in West Point, New York, and the United States Army Institute of Surgical Research in Fort Sam Houston, Texas.
Outside of seeing patients, Dr. Waterman can be found enjoying cycling, running, competing in triathlons, playing soccer, and spending time with his family.
- Bachelor of Science, University of Nebraska–Lincoln, Lincoln, Nebraska
- Doctor of Medicine, University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, Nebraska
- Orthopedics, William Beaumont Army Medical Center, El Paso, Texas
- Orthopedic Surgery, William Beaumont Army Medical Center, El Paso, Texas
- Sports Medicine, Keller Army Community Hospital, West Point, New York
- Sports Medicine, United States Army Institute of Surgical Research, Fort Sam Houston, Texas
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Subspecialty Certificate in Orthopaedic Sports Medicine
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine
- Arthroscopy Association of North America
- Society of Military Orthopaedic Surgeons