When your doctor decides it’s appropriate to take a look at what’s going on inside in order to make a fully informed diagnosis, we offer X-ray and MRI services for your convenience.
Central Indiana Orthopedics is equipped with X-ray services at all of our offices. Skip the wait and expense you’d incur at the ER.
We use the latest digital X-ray technology that utilizes digital X-ray sensors in place of traditional photographic film.
On the day of your digital X-ray:
Bring your doctor’s order for your X-ray and your insurance card(s) with you to your appointment.
If an X-ray has previously been taken, please bring the films with you to your appointment. If you are unable to bring your previous films with you, your appointment may need to be rescheduled.
To schedule your digital X-ray or if you have any questions regarding our digital X-ray service, please call 800-622-6575.
We also offer MRIs at our Anderson and Muncie locations. The Central Indiana Orthopedics’ team is American College of Radiology (ACR) accredited and works with our associates at Indiana Radiology Partners to turn reports around within 24-48 hours.
There are many advantages to having an orthopedic MRI done at Central Indiana Orthopedics:
- Scheduling is easy. Just call our 800-622-6575 number.
- Short waiting times – you can generally be seen within a week.
- Receive a CD image to take back to your doctor, not bulky, large X-rays.
- Save money. MRIs at Central Indiana Orthopedics generally cost about one-third less than MRIs taken at a hospital.
Once you’ve scheduled your MRI, there are steps you need to take to prepare.
Medical History: Please inform your MRI scheduling representative if you have a pacemaker, metal fragments in your eyes or body or types of aneurysm clips and implants.
What to Wear: You may be asked to change into a gown and/or shorts depending on the exam.
- Clothing may NOT contain any metal such as zippers, snaps, buttons or metallic thread (found in anti-wicking clothing/compression shorts).
- NO jewelry/all piercings, glasses, hearing aids, dentures, wigs, money/coins, etc. are permitted and must be removed prior to your exam. A locker will be provided for valuables.
- Medication: You may continue to take all medications, including pain medication, as prescribed. Please remove pain, nicotine and hormone patches prior to your appointment.
- Claustrophobia: If you are claustrophobic, please inform your ordering physician so they can prescribe medication at a pharmacy for pickup prior to arriving for your exam. If you are in need of this medication, you will need to arrange for someone to drive you the day of your exam. Please note, Central Indiana Orthopedics does NOT prescribe medication on-site.
To learn more about our MRI services, please contact us or call Central Indiana Orthopedics at 800-622-6575.