Welcome back! In case you are just joining us, we are sharing nutrient-rich recipes to promote bone health. In part 1, we shared how to make cauliflower mash, which is full of calcium. Today, get ready to make stuffing with quinoa! It’s delicious and packed with protein, anti-inflammatories, and healthy fats.
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups quinoa
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 1 butternut squash – peeled, seeded, and diced
- 1 small zucchini, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 1 cup diced dried apricots
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 lime
- Bring chicken stock to a boil in a saucepan, reduce heat to low, and stir in quinoa. Cover pan and simmer until quinoa absorbs the liquid, 10 to 15 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook and stir butternut squash and zucchinis in the hot oil until slightly browned about 10 minutes. Stir quinoa into the vegetables and gently mix green onions, apricots, cranberries, and parsley into the stuffing. Drizzle with lime juice to taste.
- anti-inflammatories that protect bone and tissue health
- complete protein, which means it provides all nine essential amino acids your body can’t make by itself
- more oleic acid, omega-3s, and ALA fats than other grains