As the health crisis continues, Central Indiana Orthopedics is assessing our policies and procedures daily in order to help keep our patients, staff and community safe. Yesterday, we implemented additional policies since our last update earlier this week.
Effective March 18 until further notice:
- Visitors: For the safety of yourself and others, we ask all patients attend appointments alone. If the patient is a minor, or if the patient is disabled or requires assistance, the patient may bring one (1) visitor to the appointment.
- Screening Process: CIO will be screening each patient and visitor with a list of questions and taking temperatures at the entry point of our buildings. Questions will be asked about flu-like symptoms, shortness of breath, fever, etc. If temperature is above 100.0, the patient/visitor will be asked to go home and call their family provider for further instruction.
- Elective Surgeries: All elective cases, including non-urgent surgical cases, stem cell procedures and pain injections, have been cancelled effective March 18 until further notice. Each affected patient is receiving a phone call regarding this change.
- Patients Over Sixty (60) Years of Age: All patients age 60 and above are being called prior to appointment and are given the option to reschedule at least 30 days out since they are at higher risk. For more urgent cases, the clinical team, along with their provider, will make those determinations.
Effective Monday, March 23, until Friday, April 3:
- Reduced Practice Hours: For the safety of our patients and staff, will be condensing practice hours to mornings only, 8am-12pm. Each patient with afternoon appointments during this time will be called prior to their appointment for options to reschedule.
- Walk-In Clinic Hours: All CIO Walk-in Clinics will remain open all day for urgent needs.
Thank you for your understanding and flexibility during this time. Wishing everyone the best of health.